Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July 2011

Whenever I think of the fourth of July, I think about friends, family, & BBQ....and fireworks of course! This fourth, unfortunately, didn't have all of the above. We started the day with Peachtree City's annual parade. We were hoping to see some friends there but it ended up just being our little family.

Its always a lot of fun, unfortunately we were next to some older kids who kept snatching Sadie's candy before she could get it!

(Rude kid to the left- nice lady to the right catching anything she could and putting it in my kids bags;)


Gage was pretty funny- he grabs all the flyers in hopes of getting the good coupons! He waves at everyone and high fives too:) Ethan was pretty distraught at the beginning of the parade because he couldn't get anything-hence the rude boy-but he figured it out and started to get a bit more aggressive!



After the parade we went to a local activity for some festive hair...


Sand Art...


And moon bouncing:)
Next was off to the lake for some swimming....


A couple of local churches got together and served free BBQ so we did that for dinner:) Yum-mo!
Then we set up at the childrens playground and waited for dark to watch the fireworks!


It was a full and long day and it was fun but it's always a bummer not to have any family here around the holidays:( And no friends too was no fun! I feel so bad for my kids that I can't seem to help them find friends that they can play with......This summer has been tougher than previous summers. They are cooped up with each other 24/7 and it seems like they are constantly bugging each other( and me!). 5 weeks left until school starts and I can't wait, and part of me thinks that they are excited for it too! Then they will be able make new friends and see them 5 days a week!

2 comments:

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

You should have called me! I was actually wondering what you were up to for the 4th. Brant was out of town so Savannah & I just spent it with family. Wish I had known you were looking for friends to play with!

Johnson said...

We need to get together then. We've been pretty cooped up too, esp since my energy level is so low these days. Wish I had known that you guys were available on the 4th! We would have loved to have you guys join us! I'll shoot you an email...if I have your email.