Monday, October 13, 2008

Beverly Hills Chihuahua...Really?!?


So I called Justin up this morning ranting and he told me to blog about it so I will=) I was listening to the radio this morning on my way to the grocery store and heard whats called the entertainment buzz. They were saying what movies did the best at the box office over the weekend. To my suprise, Beverly Hills Chihuahua beat out Quarantine and Body of Lies which has Leo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe... # 1 for 2 weeks in a row grossing a total of $52.5 million in just 10 days...Really?!? Our economy is so bad, and Americans are losing their homes, cars, jobs and the way they choose to spend their money is by going out and spending 52.5 million dollars on watching Chihuahua's? I already think movie ticket prices are rediculous and that people should boycott the movie theater until ticket prices and the concessions go down but to spend it on a chihuahua is beyond me...fyi

2 comments:

Jolene said...

So, should I not take the kids to see it? The kids love doggies and I could really use a laugh or two. AND I have the Entertainment book's discount movie coupons, which means less money for the movie theaters -- and I always bring my own snacks! :) I'm not paying $10 for a $.25 bag of popcorn. If it would upset you, I won't go. I think people just can't afford the babysitters to go on date nights, so the family movies are doing better at the box office.

The McCullough Crew said...

Hi Joyce! What a cute family you have. I completely agree with the boycott the movie thing. We are seriously not been to the movies in months. We usually just get them from the library for free later. Like we just saw Ironman a couple nights ago and I think that movies been out for six months or so.

Cambi