Wednesday, May 27, 2009

2 down...12 to go!

Gage had an award ceremony at school on tuesday to celebrate successfully completing kindergarten. Justin had to work so I struggled to handle Sadie and Ethan and take pictures AND videotape Gage...Phew! The pictures are terribly blurring because I was holding sadie in my lap and a camera in each hand so I just couldnt get the focus just right. The fact that Ethan got syrup on my camera so now the focus is very tricky to get right didnt help either. I sat and watched kids get awards for art and music and PE and wondered how good of an idea it was to single kids out in kindergarten and make them feel unspecial because they did not get an award...I was getting really anoid and then each class had a special award for math, reading, science, and something else(hard to pay attention. Gage didnt get any special awards and I was feeling bad for him. Then came medals for each kid who knew all 100 sight words and how to count to 100 and I was anoid again. Gage knows most of his but always seems to slip up on a few words. Then guess what...
His name was called to receive a medal!! Only 6 kids in his class got one too so I was a proud mama to say the least! Heres the best shot I got of him on stage with his medal and certificate...

1 comment:

Jaybird said...

Hey Joyce, it's pretty funny how we get upset about our kids not receiving any awards until they finally do!!! Then hey these award thingys are pretty cool!!

Love, Dad Great job Gage. Try this word - papajohnismypal