Monday, August 1, 2011

Utah + mom +2 sisters-3 children=A BLAST!

I flew out to Salt Lake City on Wednesday to meet my moms fiance and his family and to find her a wedding dress. That I did and had so much fun while doing it:) My dad flew out to help watch the kids while Justin was at work, THANKS DAD!!!!! U R DA BEST:)


I met Julie at the airport and had a flying companion:)We met mom and Jolene at the airport and the fun started from there! We missed Jessie terrible but man was it a nice break from reality! (she will be there next time for sure:))
We went through a hail storm and Julie attempted to catch one....


It got pretty ugly out there but we didn't care, we made it!


Day one, let the dress hunting begin! Having fun while waiting on mom....




Playing around with sashes....

After a LONG day of dress shopping, we went to The Old Spaghetti Factory!


My eyes look like I've been crying but I was just THAT tired. The time change really got to me:(
We got some huge marshmallows and made some yummy, and messy, smores:)






Then out to star gaze in the 60ish degree very cool night! Very strange compared to the muggy never ending weather in Georgia....
Next day we drove by the church we went to when we lived in Utah. I was just a baby and moved when I was about 5 so I don't remember any of these sites!


This is the house we lived in~yikes!



We went and saw the Oquirrh Mountain Utah temple~which was beautiful!



Next was to check out the Mt. Timpanogos Temple~ one of the contenders for the wedding:) It was gorgeaous but you can't really tell because the sun had gone down by the time we got there and my pictures don't do it justice!



More s'mores that night! I was in a daze but look at the size of that marshmallow!


This dress is not the dress but look at how much fun mom is having! :)

Me having some fun with weird model poses:)

We found the perfect dress then headed to Salt Lake to sight see! On our way, we stopped on the side of the road to chat wedding stuff and then noticed where we stopped at....hehehe too funny:)


I absolutely LOVE the mountains! Always have and probably always will!


Here is St. Mark's Hospital~ where yours truly was born!


Group shot at Marie Calendars:)

Then last and best yet, Temple Square:) It was absolutely breathtaking! Great motivation to get my little family back on course.....

















We headed home early the next morning:( I had a blast and it was so nice to have a break from yelling, tantrums, laundry, cooking, and all the other fun daily duties that I now have. It was so great to be with some of my family too! Its just not fair that we all live so far away:( Stuff like this needs to happen more often!! Can't wait until we are ALL together for mom and Robs wedding/reception par~tay!!!

No comments: