Sunday, November 22, 2009

Our growing family!

(not mine though)
Last sunday night Justin was given the news that his mother had a baby boy back around 1970's and then gave him up for adoption. Justin and I were absolutely shocked. He had told me that he thought his mom had lost a baby but not by adoption. I can't imagine my life without mine and have often told him that he needed to have siblings. All I knew was his name given at birth and that it was in San Diego. After a lot of research this week and a very helpful "angel" we were able to track him down in West Virgina. He is 40, married, and has 3 kids, one of which goes to University of West Georgia which is where my sister Julie graduated from. What a small world! He has a lot of similar traits to Justin. Justin seems to be pretty excited about it. I dont think its really sunk in though. Most people search months and years to find adopted siblings or birth family, but we found him in 5 days so its all still pretty new. I just thought I would share the news that Justin has a big brother named Jonathan, like I do, and we hope to be able to meet him in person. He has a lot of things in common so it is just so cool to see how DNA really works!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

That is so exciting! So Justin has all "J" siblings, too! :)

Britt Butler said...

Holy Cow! That's so crazy! What a cool story, can't wait to hear about when they meet one day(: